Ryder is launching a new training program where once hired will start fully paid training at Fanshawe for 5 weeks then train with Ryder for an additional; 8 weeks before driving with a mentor. This is a paid position throughout Ryder with the expectation that successful candidates will be dedicated to continue with Ryder. After 9 months you become “New driver status” with a pay increase and after 1 year you are considered to be an “experienced driver” and will be at full-wage.
Start your career with Ryder today!
We will pay you to go to school!
Trucking and Logistics is a high-paying career that has amazing future career potential. We are looking to create great drivers from the ground up by paying your tuition for a five week truck driving license class at Fanshawe college and paying you a wage while you are attending.
After graduation, you will be a licensed driver with Ryder.
This opportunity will require you to:
• Possess a valid G License
• Be able to attend full time classes at Fanshawe College (they require proof of both vaccinations).
• Be a minimum of 22 years old.
As an employee in our driver development team, you will be eligible for all of Ryder’s benefits, including:
• Training and Development Opportunities
• RRSP, Stock Options, and a COMPANY PAID PENSION PLAN
• Brand new PTO policy: available immediately.
• Health benefits after 30 days.
• Weekly pay with direct deposit
• Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or provincial laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
• Detecting and eliminating or minimizing safety hazards Maintaining accurate records and logs
• Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) regarding the checking in and out of freight
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions
• Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations policies and/or procedures Important
• 0 to One (1) year SAFETY IS A PRIORITY AT RYDER! In order to be considered, applicants MUST NOT have more than 2 tickets/accidents combined in the last three years. required
• Valid G License
No convictions for operating a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances within the last 5 years.
No more than two minor moving traffic violations within the last 3 years (by the date of the citation).
No motor vehicle collisions within the previous 3 years.
No license suspensions for moving violations within the previous 3 years.
Ryder is an equal opportunity employer. We value Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace and encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, visible minorities, aboriginals and persons with disabilities.
In accordance with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, Ryder welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment, selection, and assessment process. Should you require an accommodation, please inform the Human Resources representative of the nature of the accommodation requested so that we may discuss your needs with you. If you require assistance in order to apply please contact us at 905-302-3924.