Alzheimer Society Southwest Partners
Position title: Fund Development Coordinator – Annual Giving
Location: Alzheimer Society Southwest Partners – Middlesex, Elgin, or Oxford (one main location) with occasional travel to others.
Status: Full-Time, permanent, 35 hours/week with occasional evening and weekend work.
You are an enthusiastic, highly organized people person with a passion for working with diverse groups of people, older adults, and those living with dementia or cognitive impairment. You have experience with fund development. You enjoy working with a multi-disciplinary team and utilize your excellent interpersonal skills. You are a natural with computers and your written and verbal communication skills are first-rate. You are an enthusiastic, highly organized individual with a demonstrated ability to deliver accuracy and attention to detail in your work. You manage your time well and you can problem-solve through challenging situations and unexpected circumstances
In this position, the Fund Development Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of the annual giving plan, delivery of appropriate donor recognition and stewardship activities and the writing and submission of foundation and government grants. The role will support Alzheimer Society signature fundraising events as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Identification of prospective grant and foundation opportunities.
• Manage grant proposal and reporting process working collaboratively across departments to compile required information.
• Manage implementation of annual giving appeals.
• Work closely with the communications staff to write and develop effective print and digital communications to support annual giving initiatives.
• Implement annual donor stewardship activities including annual recognition event; ensure recognition requirements are fulfilled for funders and individual donors.
• Work with Director of Development to identify potential major gift prospects and support cultivation of prospects.
• Support Fund Development Coordinator, Events and Community Engagement in implementation of Alzheimer Society signature events.
• Support Donor Database Officer in measurement and reporting of key performance metrics.
• Participate in annual budget planning for fundraising initiatives.
• Contribute to overall strategy and growth of Alzheimer Society fundraising.
Evaluations and Other Responsibilities:
• Fund Development related key performance metrics.
• Annual performance review with the Manager of Communications and Fund Development.
• Completed post-secondary education in Non-Profit Management, Communications, Fund Development, or related field.
• A minimum of 3 years work experience in fundraising in the not-for-profit sector.
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with staff, volunteers, donors, and external organizations.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 suite.
• Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Luminate Online or similar non-profit CRM database.
• Flexibility—the person in this position will be required to attend Alzheimer Society and external events, some of which occur outside of regular work hours.
• Valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle.
Manager of Communications and Fund Development
Director of Development
Office Setting / Remote work from home. General office duties, typing, filing, occasional lifting / carrying 25lbs, reaching, bending, walking, sitting, and standing. Freedom of movement throughout the day. Some travel required.