Prosthetic-Orthotics Technician Trainee For a Prosthetic-orthotic ( artificial limbs -Braces) shop in London
Candidate should be handy and mechanically inclined, be able to read instructions and assemble devices and simple problem solving.
Work independently and as a partner on projects.
On the job training will be provided until familiar with the procedures in the field.
• Production of braces and artificial limbs to the handicaps from a cast or drawing,
• use of simple hand tools such as scissors, cutters, wrenches, heat gun, hand drill.
• use of standard shop machine such as sewing machines, sanders, grinder, baking ovens, vacuum pump.
• Fill plaster casts and smooth out with sand paper or aluminum screen
• hand forming leather and lining on plaster mold
• vacuum forming of heated plastic sheet to casts
• resins laminating fiber glass prosthetic sockets
• Maintain shop and office cleanliness
• Full time 8-5
• parking space allowed
• CPP and WSIB covered
• Pay starts at $16.50 and adjusted periodically