Alliance Employment Group
Alliance Employment Group is currently hiring a Full Time Site Safety Coordinator to join the team. The ideal candidate will be reporting to the Project Manager and undertake a range of administrative support tasks to ensure the efficient and smooth running of daily site operations.
Working Hours: 7am to 6pm Monday-Friday
As a Site Safety Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
General administrative support: Multi-tasking and prioritizing the provision of administrative support to the Project Manager and team (e.g. shipping, maintaining logs, negotiating prices and ordering supplies, supplier communications, filing and record keeping, scanning, printing, copying). This position requires an understanding of health & safety legislation to ensure compliance and due diligence by on-site personnel.
Onboarding: Arranging general contractor site inductions, providing site induction briefings, issuing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), logging details of employees in computer systems. Also assisting with on-boarding of new employees, acting as liaison with the HR team in the corporate office, as required.
Time recording for temporary workers: Coordinating the daily sign in and out process to ensure the accurate reporting of hours worked, to the office; this includes: creating accurate daily records using time sheets, collating weekly summary spreadsheets of hours worked, resolving any employee queries with leads and escalating issues to the PM, as required.
• Experienced administrator, preferably with experience in a site administration role within a construction or similar environment.
• Highly Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and Outlook and an aptitude for learning new software and systems – clients in-house systems use may be required.
• Strong interpersonal skills and high levels of resilience, including the ability to work professionally with diverse personalities – customers, suppliers, managers and other stakeholders.
• Better understanding of Safety Management Systems.
• Must have an understanding of Alberta Safety requirements and legislations with safety certificates.
• Strong team player.
• Good organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Good numerical skills as required to manage the tasks outlined above.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Site health and safety knowledge is an advantage; training will be provided as necessary.
If you are interested in this position, APPLY NOW!