Pathways Employment Help Centre
Pathways Employment Help Centre exists to Unleash People's Potential through Employment, Skills Training and Advocacy. The Advocacy group is looking for a Social Worker-Advocate to assist individuals to complete ODSP, CPP-Disability, and other Social Benefits Applications and appeals. The successful candidate will have a BSW / SSW and registration with the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers. The candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A thorough understanding of Social Benefits and Community Supports along with a commitment to assisting individuals, is critical.
Job Description: Advocacy:
- Meet individually with clients to complete ODSP, CPP-Disability, and other Social Benefits Applications and appeals
- Assist individuals in assessing landlord-tenant disputes and eviction notices • Assist clients with connecting to resources in the community
- Develop trusting rapport with clients, while providing empathy, and sensitivity to their situations.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation pertaining to all government benefit programs
- Liaise and advocate on client's behalf with government and other social service agencies
- Be available for consultation in crisis situations, and assist clients to overcome their barriers.
- Correspond with medical professionals
- Attend Community Advocates meetings and/or other meetings as deemed necessary.
Documentation and Statistics/Administration:
- Respond to relevant correspondence from outside agencies regarding advocacy issues/concerns
- Complete daily stats and other reports as required
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate client files and records
- Inform clients of the status of their file as needed
- Maintain follow-up procedure, ensuring that all information is up-to-date on all cases
- Post-secondary education – BSW / SSW
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of Social Benefits and Community Supports
- Excellent presentation skills
- Commitment to clients, Code of Ethics and Company policies/procedures
- Ability to develop a rapport with clients and community partners • Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Flexible and adaptable
Interested applicants should send Resume and Cover letter, including salary expectations, in Microsoft Word or .pdf format with Social Worker in the subject line to recruitment [at] pathwaysehc.ca. The deadline for applications is Friday, June 23, 2023, by noon.
Pathways Employment Help Centre is an equal opportunity employer and invites all qualified candidates to apply. PEHC does not discriminate on basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at (519) 667-7795.