Alzheimer Society Southwest Partners
Position title: Volunteer Specialist
Location: Alzheimer Society Southwest Partners – Elgin Site (450 Sunset Drive Suite 229, St. Thomas with travel required within Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin County) and some remote from home
Status: Full-Time, 18-month Contract, 35 hours per week, occasional evening and weekend work required.
You are an enthusiastic, highly organized people person with a passion for working with diverse groups of people, older adults, and those living with dementia or cognitive impairment. You have experience coordinating and working with a volunteer team. You enjoy working with a multi-disciplinary team and utilize your excellent interpersonal skills. You are a natural with computers and your written and verbal communication skills are first-rate. You are an enthusiastic, highly organized individual with a demonstrated ability to deliver accuracy and attention to detail in your work. You manage your time well and you are able to problem-solve through challenging situations and unexpected circumstances
In this position, the Volunteer Specialist will recruit, screen, coordinate volunteers for programs, in-home recreation, education, events, administration, and fund development activities for the Society. The Volunteer Specialist will also provide feedback and recognition for all volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Recruit, screen, provide orientation and coordinate appropriate training, feedback and appreciation for all volunteers;
• Monitor volunteers’ performance and recommend additional training, as needed;
• Ensure appropriate recognition of volunteers (e.g. Annual Volunteer Appreciation Event, internal and external award nominations, National Volunteer Appreciation Week, etc.);
• Attend quarterly program meetings and follow up with clinical staff as required;
• Attend community events and facilitate presentations to assist in the marketing of volunteer services at the Society;
• Liaise with community partners in conjunction with the program, education, and fund development staff
• Update Volunteer database, to enter all volunteer information, track hours and programs