Pathways Employment Help Centre
Woodworking & Cabinet Making Instructor
Pathways Employment Help Centre (PEHC) unleashes people’s potential through Employment, Skills Training and Advocacy. The London Community Woodshop (LCW), a social enterprise division of PEHC, is a membership-based public woodshop where people can experiment, learn new techniques or start a business.
Pathways Employment Help Centre is hiring a Woodworking & Cabinet Making Instructor.
The Woodworking & Cabinet Making Instructor has the responsibility for the safe operation, mentorship, instruction and management of the LCW’s educational programming, including the Foundations in Wood Manufacturing Program.
In this role you will be responsible for all elements of a program designed to give individuals the necessary theory and hands-on skills for entry-level employment in the wood manufacturing/ cabinetry field.
You will have the daily opportunity to move people forward to confidence and self-sustainability. You will also provide expertise and support to Pathways’ social enterprise the London Community Woodshop.
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Three years of relevant experience as a working, practicing professional with demonstrated knowledge, experience and competence as a woodworker or cabinet maker.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated teaching abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Broad experience in woodworking and teaching woodworking.
- Mechanical aptitude for operation, maintenance and repair of shop machinery and equipment.
- Practical knowledge of a wide variety of woods and woodworking materials.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and procedures in the use and operation of shop equipment and tools and the safe handling of paints, varnishes, solvents and chemicals.
- Strong administrative skills, including record keeping and database management.
- Strong computer skills to accomplish administrative tasks.
- Ability to direct, guide and supervise students.
PEHC is an equal opportunity employer and invites all qualified candidates to apply.
PEHC does not discriminate on basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at (519) 667-7795.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Note Woodworking & Cabinet Making Instructor in the subject line. Please include salary requirements, and send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting will close no later than Monday, August 22, 2022.