Pathways Employment Help Centre
WOODWORKING SHOP HELPER
Pathways Employment Help Centre (PEHC) unleashes people’s potential through Employment, Skills Training and Advocacy. The London Community Woodshop (LCW) is the only public woodshop in London and area. It is a place where community members can learn new woodworking skills, build projects for their home or business, and connect with other woodworkers. Pathways Employment Help Centre is currently hiring a LCW Woodworking Shop Helper.
Job Description: Reporting to the Woodshop Coordinator, the Woodworking Shop Helper will work with the LCW team, assisting members, monitoring and maintaining safe usage and upkeep of the machinery.
• Welcome community members and provide information to new and potential participants
• Ensure proper usage of the machines among community program participants
• Develop a supportive culture of learning with a passion for woodworking
• Administer membership policies and practices to ensure an open and fair environment
• Assist with custom woodworking orders
• 1-2 years experience operating woodworking equipment
• Extensive knowledge of woodworking safety practices
• Passion and ability to engage community
• High level of organization and initiative
• Valid Drivers License and access to vehicle is an asset
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
This is a Canada Summer Jobs funded position requiring applicants to be born after May 1, 1993.
Interested applicants should send Resume and Cover letter in Microsoft Word format or .pdf format with “Summer Student Woodworking Shop Helper” in the subject line to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is May, 26, 2023 by noon, but we reserve the right to begin interviewing and selecting immediately. Pathways Employment Help Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.