Program Length: 12 Weeks
Participants will learn essential skills and gain certifications needed to succeed in the cabinetry and industrial wood manufacturing sector.
You will learn:
- Shop Safety & Procedures
- Tool Set-up, Use & Basic Maintenance
- Marking, Measuring & Drafting
- Fastening Methods
- Basic Joinery & Related Tools
- Material Preparation & Finishing
- CNC Programming
- Working at Heights
- First Aid and CPR
- Worker Health and Safety Awareness
Two-week co-op placement in the wood manufacturing industry
+ Paid 4 Week Employment Experience
This pilot program is fully funded and FREE for participants. Spaces are limited to 6 participants.
Start Date: August 22, 2022
This Skills Development Fund project is funded by the Government of Ontario.